06 Mar PUPI® Fiberglass Substation Products
PUPI® Fiberglass vs. Steel or Wood
PUPI® fiberglass beams and switch bases are ideal for use in substations and transformer banks. PUPI®fiberglass products are proven to be a superior material for supporting conductors, switches and other electrical equipment. Compared to steel or wood, PUPI®fiberglass delivers these important advantages:
- Engineered material delivers consistent performance that doesn’t change over time.
- Excellent electrical insulating properties reduces the risk of shorts and outages.
- High strength-to-weight ratio for light weight assemblies and easy handling Maintenance-free construction.
- PUPI® products never shrink, rot or rust.
- PUPI® order lead times are often much shorter than other suppliers
Not all fiberglass products are created equal
Innovative product features make PUPI® the leading brand of fiberglass crossarms and braces in the electric power industry:
- SunGUARD® UV resistant coating is thermally-bonded to all PUPI products to resist the damaging effects of sun and weather – for at least 60 years in any environment! SunGUARD UV resistant coating eliminates the risk of fiberglass blooming and other surface damage.
- TorqueGUARD™ hole reinforcing bushings increase bolt hole strength and prevent damage due to over-torqued bolts.
Designed to fit your needs
Our engineering team is experienced and ready to design PUPI® solutions for your substation and transformer bank needs. Configurations are available to support nearly any application:
- Crossarms, switch bases, braces, equipment mounts
- Virtually any length or drill pattern is possible.
- Numerous profile dimensions are available, including:
- 2″ X 4″
- 3″ X 4″
- 3-5/8″ X 4-5/8″
- 4″ X 4″
- 4″ X 6″
- 5″ X 5″
- Factory pre-drilled, or easily drilled on site
- Custom-designed attachment brackets are available